Monday, March 06, 2006

put me in my place. NOW.

Today I received an interesting email from someone I barely know (I exchanged 3 or 4 emails with her, some time ago, and then we (i thought, although she says it was me) just stopped corresponding). She told me I was:

arrogant,
narcissistic,
elitist, and
full of "hubris,"
and that this would be my downfall.

Hmmm. wow. This from someone who barely knows me. Think how many more adjectives she could have used had she really known me. oooh, i'm not sure I even wanna go there. How do I live with myself, one wonders?

Actually, this was good news. I guess I'm glad I come off as arrogant, because I usually feel that I come off as pathetic. I guess, given a choice between just those two, I'd rather be the one than the other. Trouble is, I thought that I was nicer on email than in person, especially to those I don't really know.

I guess the fact that I have the audacity to blog when I really don't have much to say proves my arrogance. Ah well. It's all fodder for my johari window, which I keep asking all my 3.5, oops, er, 4.5 readers to fill in. HEY. Perhaps if some of you had filled it in as asked, and put "arrogant" in, I could have been forewarned of this disturbing development. But NO. I was forced to be ignorant. Thanks a lot guys. I hold you all, every one of you, personally responsible for my downfall. There. It's not MY fault after all. sheeeeeeesh.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You? narcissistic?

Well perhaps... in a self-hating kind of way.

Sat Apr 08, 12:34:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home