Friday, February 24, 2006

vey is mir

and I'm not even jewish...

However, it's been a hellish week. And I'm buried deep in things I have to do but haven't gotten to yet. At work fer shure AND at home. Work is kicking my ass this week. I forgot how much easier school is than working. Working is hard. Working takes a long time. that's why it's called "work." otherwise, I guess they'd call it "play" or "sleep" or "sex." of course, to some, "sex" IS "work" and to some, arbeiter macht frei. (i hope for all the thousands of my germanic readers that is spelled correctly... ). However, for yours truly, the sensitive, tender, flower-like, and incredibly youthful bloggrrilla, work is work. And, really, I'd rather just sit around and eat.

The high point of the week happened 1/2 hour ago, when I received some new runner togs that I'd ordered online. nice, new, supple, colorful runner clothes. mmmm. I'm easy to please. At least for minutes at a time.

and on that note, here's some news you can use: Apparently, (and i've always thought this) happiness is genetic. I mean, you get dealt a certain "set point" of happiness and "trying to be happier is like trying to be taller." read all bout it here. Given my family history, I'd say that momentary thrills over new running clothes are pretty much the mount everest of my genetic capacity for happiness....! too bad really. I mean, isn't it sorta unamerican to be unhappy? oh well. perhaps vey really is mir.

and now on a completely different note, I ask all my 3.5 readers, and YOU know who you are (yes ok i lied about my thousands of germanic readers. ich bin ein berliner and so on.), to map my personality! I mean fill in my "johari window". here's your chance to describe your favorite blogger by means of select and tasty adjectives submitted to you as a by product of years of painstaking, rigorous, psychological study. Don't miss this chance.... go on, and knock yourself out. I thank you in advance. You totally rock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home