Sunday, March 19, 2006

Rocky Top

"once I had a girl on Rocky Top
half bear the other half cat
wilder than me but sweet as sody pop
I still dream about that"

I'm listening to High Lonesome, one of my favorite tapes. Every march it seems I get the urge to hear it again, must be some sort of roots thang (dad's side = scotch-irish from arkansas; moms side = shotgun shacks & drifters). This thang must have skipped a generation though, my parents had pretensions to middle-class modernity. (except where the twin demons of alcohol abuse and religion abuse raised their seductive heads...one curly and crosseyed, one stick straight and thin lipped)

anyway. I once choreographed a dance to "jerusalem ridge." In retrospect, although I had very little talent as a choreographer, it was a good dance. I'd like to unearth it and see if my current non-dancer body could handle it. It'd be fun. And maybe I could reclaim the "half bear the other half cat" side of me...
grrrmmmmrrorrooooow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home