Monday, June 12, 2006

There's a face off in the corner


I have proclaimed this week the "International Week of Denial" partially in honor of the edmonton oilers winning the third game in the Stanley Cup playoffs on Saturday night (DENIED the hurricanes), and partially because i am damned tired of thinking how my breasts betrayed me.

What cracks me up is that the announcers keep saying "the oilers play PHYSICAL hockey". Ok. um, yeah? I mean, is there metaphysical hockey? Astral hockey? ectoplasmic hockey? If so does anyone watch it? Or do you need a medium?

So I am in a good mood. I have been watching hockey and blasting the Ramones and the Pogues. These are things that make me feel good. Am I secretly a teen boy stuck in 1977? Hmmm. I don't have a shag or a mullet, or a mohawk (any more). I don't have acne. And I don't lust after teen girls (as a matter of fact, I avoid them like the plague). Ok, guess not. But I do wish that, vampire like, I could suck up some of their energy. Hockey, Ramones, and the Pogues seem to give me that kind of energy...

Well, I must leave you with my favorite hockey leper joke. You probably remember it from third grade, but, here goes.

How can you tell a leper hockey game?
There's a face off in the corner...

Now, WHO SAID cancer lowers IQs? And i haven't even STARTED chemo yet...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home