Saturday, June 10, 2006

Philematology

The science of kissing. Because really, who'd have thought?


I mean, where does one study this science? And from whom? And...does it cause cancer? heh. The wiki article is full of splendid phrases, such as: kissing is "the touching of the lips to some other thing"..."In order to avoid clashing noses"...and "Kissing is a complex behaviour that requires significant coordination," and information. for example did you know that "the Romans distinguished three types of kiss: osculum, a friendship kiss on the cheek; basium, a kiss of affection on the lips; and suavium, a lovers' deep kiss?"

at any rate, this was brought to you by the fact that I went to the dentist today for the first time in TWENTY-FIVE years or so (ok ok don't get all grossed out on me, I assure you no one noticed my lapses). My teeth are FINE! Good even. No Problemas! Good news is rare these days, and most welcome.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home