Sunday, March 26, 2006

The non-ironic post

the news this morning was so painful to read that I my mind started to go into one of its obssessive modes. I won't explain, suffice it to say that it's not pleasant, and seems to take the form of some exaggerated sense of responsibility, I get maddened when I can't fix things. ridiculous, i know.

Makes me also wonder why a person in one longitudinal setting has to worry about getting hacked to death with a machete, or blown up or tortured to death, and another person in different setting has to worry about their SAT scores or doing their taxes or their morning's commute. it can't be the will of god, unless god plays dice, and karma seems too pat, I mean if there is karma, then every person has some bad and some good. No one deserves what they got in Rwanda, or are getting in Darfur or Baghdad unless we all do, which i think is the essence of why i'm obsessed with my inability to fix things. I know i'm making sweeping generalizations here, this is not a reasoned, logical argument i'm making. bear with me.

but i can't fix things, and i do no good to anyone when i'm in my obsessive state. so perhaps i should just not read the news today, and go back to my taxes.

there's comfort in taxes after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home