Saturday, April 15, 2006

nice weather to be under

I've been sick this week. I stayed home from work on weds, dragged myself to work the other days of the week and only ran once, yesterday, when the junkie twitch just got too much for me. (i'm paying for it today, with a renewed sore throat and that oh so unpleasant feeling of a distinct lack of lung space).

I have no really thrilling news to report, except that, by sheer accident, scientists have discovered a that a certain type of mouse, called a "Murphy Roth's Large" has incredible regenerative abilities. These capabilities were discovered when they marked one of these guys by punching a hole in his ear. S.O.P. right? Well, when they checked again, lo and behold, as if jesus himself had laid on hands, the ears were made whole. (see comparison with different type of mouse, at left)



I think this calls for great celebration. Perhaps even a new cult. Perhaps some sci-fi writer (like my current fave, Ted Chiang) could invent a new religion, based on the Murphy Roth's Large. Or, if we wanted to go less techno, and more nature-primitivo, we could just worship it.

IN ANY EVENT, I am gratified to learn that my "theme song" is "Born to Be Wild." I'd really have thought something more along the lines of "The Funeral March of the Marionettes." but hey, these quizzes do not lie.



Your Theme Song is Born to Be Wild by Steppenwolf



"I like smoke and lightning

Heavy metal thunder

Racin' with the wind

And the feelin' that I'm under"



A total independent spirit, you can't be held down or fenced in.

You crave the feeling of wind on your face... and total freedom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home