Wednesday, February 01, 2006

rewriting the wheel

today, in a sudden revelation at work, i confidently said to myself: "why, I don't need to rewrite the wheel here."

Then I started to snicker uncontrollably, all alone in my little cubicle. And then, words started to get funny on me, you know how that happens. Suddenly simple, normal, everyday words like "flower," "pudding," or "slumber," begin to become incredibly amusing. I normally like when that happens, but I'm still too new at this job to feel quite comfortable laughing uproariously at what appears to be nothing.

Additionally, this is a job for social phobes. There is virtually NO interaction with other humans. We work in a warren of cubicles like specialized insects. Now I happen to like that, but it makes the rare social contact really hard, whereas if you are forced from minute one to interact, it gets easier to do.

anyway. Ugly day today, the hair is a total rats nest now. I must bite the bullet and either cut it off or straighten it again.

But i shall not bite the bull. or rewrite the wheel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home